CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Estimator – Galway - 5422
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to work with our valued client in the Construction industry in Co. Galway.
Our client is a full services construction contractor with extensive industry experience working within new and live Commercial and Industrial operational environments. Services include main contracting, refurbishment & fit out, painting, restoration, maintenance and project management. Experience spans across all sectors from high profile Commercial and Public Buildings.
The successful candidate will provide the local advice and support necessary to assist managers and staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by our client.
Role and responsibilities
- Analyse project plans, specifications, and other documents to prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates.
- Utilise historical data, industry benchmarks, and market trends to enhance the accuracy in estimates of materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Assign responsibilities in respect of Works proposals, site visit requirements, etc
- Work closely with project managers, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and constraints.
- Ensure bill is broken into elements and tender enquiries are issued to subcontractors / specialists in a timely fashion.
- Review risk and opportunities and compile register. (Alternatives / VE options)
- Ensure that detailed prelims budget is set which aligns with project duration and staffing requirements.
- Produce full tender analysis of winning tenders for handover to the project team, with details of all prices obtained and used, etc.
- Identify and promote new business opportunities.
- Provide advice on alternative methods of construction
- Ensure tendering of projects is carried out in a systematic manner in line with our ISO accreditation and develop / improve systems as necessary.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- 3rd level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- 5+ years experience as an estimator on building works
- Strong knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Methodical, analytical mindset with good attention to detail
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- €70-90K DOE
- Incentive package
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact [email protected] or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: