ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
Financial Accountant – Longford - 5088
Salary: Highly competitive DOE
Position: Full Time
Our client is a leading timber processor in Ireland and the UK with a strong growth story. As a leader in the Green Tech industry, they are a growing, dynamic and innovative organisation with ambitious growth plans. The company won the Ernst & Young Ireland Industry Entrepreneur award, a Ruban d’Honneur in the European Business Award and the TTJ Softwood Trader of the Year four times.
The company supplies both Irish and the UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. It also manufactures timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. It has operations in Longford and Fermoy in Ireland; Troon and Edinburgh in the UK. Following a new acquisition, the group’s turnover has doubled, and headcount increased to more than 900 employees. Its people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business. The company is now expanding its management team to appoint a Financial Accountant.
Role and responsibilities
Based in Longford and reporting directly to the Group Head of Finance, this is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their Financial Accountant career. The successful candidate will provide financial leadership and direction to the finance functions across our timber processing facility in Fermoy and have responsibility for reporting financial accounts, management accounts and other information. They will liaise closely with the sawn wood sales, Operations teams and forestry teams. They will have responsibility for financial reporting and management of financial information.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team; Insurance and capital investment appraisals.
- On-going development and preparation of all budget and forecasts including production of and presentation of pack to the Group Managing Directors.
- Ensuring appropriate financial and management controls are in place, communicated and effective.
- Ensuring information systems and technology are adequate for the business, effective, up to date, secure and operational.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements and annual budgets.
- Preparation of cash flow projections, forecasts and capital expenditure reports.
- Responsible for VAT and CT filings and liaising with tax advisors.
- Assist in insurance renewal and costing of same.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of group wide controls and processes.
- Assisting in adhoc reports and project work as required.
Qualifications, skills & experience
This Financial Accountant job will suit a candidate who is currently a Finance Manager or Finance Accountant looking to progress within a very dynamic, growing organisation and industry with the following competencies:
- Fully qualified accountant who is recently qualified with experience ideally across several disciplines – ACCA, Chartered or CIMA.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to manage, lead and motivate people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working on in an ERP environment would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent planning and organising skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Resilience and be capable of working under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability with high accuracy.
- Strong commercial awareness, business acumen.
- Teamwork and collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships
- An attractive package is available for the right candidate.
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact mar[email protected] or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: