IT & Marketing
First Line Support / Local Admin IT
Position: Permanent | Full Time
We have an exciting position based in the heart of the eclectic city of Sydney. Our client is looking for a specialist in First Line Support. Reporting to the IT Engineering Lead, the primary focus of the role is to ensure that the end user is supported.
Role and responsibilities
- The main responsibilities for the IT 1st line support role would be to ensure the end user is supported and is the primary focus.
- Constraints for the job holder would include operating an IT ticketing system to track and monitor all user issues. Issues should be resolved in a timely manner to allow critical business operations to run as smoothly as possible.
The job holder will be responsible for dealing with internal and external stakeholders. Tasks as assigned by the IT Engineer Lead – including but not limited to:
- Diagnosing and resolving all end user support issues including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, printers etc.
- Setting up and configuring of new laptops and desktops including installation of authorised software.
- Network patching work including any user office movements involving computer hardware and phones.
- Supporting manufacturing IT assets.
- Ensuring all user equipment is logged and documented as well as software licensing and IT Documentation.
- Managing backups including Backup to Disk and Backup to Tape.
- Ensuring File & Print servers, desktops and laptops are fully up to date especially critical security updates.
- Maintenance of user email accounts and domain accounts in Office 365 and Active Directory inc. setting up new users and removing users that have left the company.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a First Line Support role or similar
- Experience in working with and managing Windows 10 and Windows Server as well as good Networking knowledge, Active Directory & Office 365 experience with standard Microsoft applications including Outlook, Work and Excel is essential.
- Any firewall, switch management experience is desired but not essential.