CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Geotechnical Engineer/Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Melbourne - 3714
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
Position: Full Time
Our Client is a very well-known and highly regarded multi-disciplinary National Engineering Consultancy providing services and solutions to the development, property and urban infrastructure sectors. With offices in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney, they employ over 140 staff, comprising engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff.
Ambitious, positive, passionate and energetic – you will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be motivated by working in a team of high performing professionals. Analytical, technically proficient and flexible – you will relish challenges where your rewards and responsibilities will be based on your positive attitude and ability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Undertake geotechnical investigations, assessments and report writing
- Provide geotechnical advice to internal and external clients
- Liaise with clients, with regards to preparation of quotes and tenders
- Supervising, mentoring and peer reviewing the technical work of other team members
- Interact with and provide guidance within our NATA accredited materials testing laboratory (AN 544) maybe no need for engineers at the level, we are looking for, rather than some lab technician to apply?
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience or 7 years’ experience for the senior role in geotechnical engineering/engineering geology
- Tertiary qualifications in civil/geotechnical engineering or related discipline
- Familiar with South Australian soil/rock conditions plus proven track record of soil logging and/or rock coring experiences based on Australian Standard
- Proven skills in building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong report writing ability
- Advanced excel data analysis and interpretive reporting skill is highly regarded for senior role
- Strong project/site management/supervision skills
- Flexibility to work either in the office, out on site or interstate
- Experience with geotechnical/pavement software packages is highly regarded – especially Circly, Plaxis and Slope/W
- Excellent Salary: From $80,000 – $120,000 DOE + Super
- Sponsorship available to the right candidate
- Work/Life balance including the ability to mix working from home with working in the office & flexible working hours
- Professional development program – We continually assist our team with on the job internal and external training
- Ability to purchase up to 2 weeks additional annual leave
- Professional Memberships
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A role in an established and continually growing consultancy
- Access to Employee Assistance Program: A free service that includes counselling for you and your immediate family members
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here