Gr 3 Social Worker – Melbourne
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is seeking a Social Worker Grade 3 with at least 7 years clinical experience as a practicing Social Worker
You will play a a leading role in ensuring excellence in patient care, implementation and organisation of clinical and professional teams and foster staff development in one of Melbourne’s premier hospitals. Delivery of advanced social work clinical service is expected. As a senior clinician, you will provide key services and leadership to the multidisciplinary team which may include the weekend service.
The hospital provides care to our patients within the acute, subacute and community therapy services. The department is supported by the SW Managers and SW workforce development manager. The SW department is committed to providing evidence based, patient centred practice. Supervision and reflective practice, professional development and quality improvement are a key focus of Social Work at the hospital.
Scope of practice as outlined in Australian Association of Social Workers Practice Standards.
The Social Work department consists of approximately 47 EFT across the hospital sites. We provide care to our patients within the acute, subacute and community therapy services. The department is supported by the SW Managers and SW workforce development manager. The SW department is committed to providing evidence based, patient centred practice. Supervision and reflective practice, professional development and quality improvement are a key focus of Social Work at the hospital.
Role and Responsibilities
Through their clinical experience and skill, the senior clinical Social Worker will:
- Ensure excellence in patient management, and contribute to the development of staff, the Social Work department and profession, and may be required across both campuses at Melbourne Health and contribute to the Weekend Social Work service.
- Provide supervision for junior staff and students and where applicable allied health assistants. They will assist the Clinical Lead to work with key stakeholders to develop innovative models of care for a variety of patients and maximise the role of Social Work within their designated work area.
- Demonstrate specialisations include discharge planning, group work, client advocacy, advanced counselling, aged care consultation, and provision of professional supervision
- Provide clinical leadership in Allied Health including participation in quality improvement activities, teaching, research, data collection, and contribution to policy development.
- Have a leading role in ensuring excellence in patient care, implementation and organisation of clinical and professional teams Scope of practice as outlined in Australian Association of Social Work Practice Standards 2013. The Social Work department consists of approximately 47 EFT across RMH sites.
Skills and Requirements
Formal Qualification(s) and Required Registration(s):
- Qualifications which are acceptable for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers. Must have eligibility confirmed.
- Higher Qualifications or progression towards these.
- Commitment to live the Melbourne Way – putting people first, leading with kindness and achieving
- excellence together.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Leadership competencies – ability to chair meetings, problem solve and provide clear advice to the team
- and stakeholders.
- High level skills in comprehensive assessment; discharge planning and counselling.
- Knowledge of the theory and principals of professional supervision.
- Extensive experience in providing professional supervision and professional development to staff.
- Outstanding knowledge and application of Social Work theory.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload, and effectively prioritise tasks.
- High level skills in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of relevant community services.
- At least 7 years clinical experience as a practicing Social Worker
- Working with Children check
- Possess an understanding of relevant legislation and practice frameworks relating to family violence
- practice, including but not limited to the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme (FVISS), Child
- Information Sharing Scheme (CISS) and the Family Violence Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and
- Management Framework (MARAM)
- Previous experience working within a public hospital setting.
- Previous experience in research, program evaluation / development.
- Attractive Relocation package up to $10,000
- Further Education
- Career Development
- Work-life balance with low patient to staff ratios
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email [email protected] with your CV or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant healthcare roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: