CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Health & Safety Advisor – Galway - 5399
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety advisor to work with our valued client in the Construction industry in Co. Galway, with occasional site visits to Dublin.
Our client is a full services construction contractor with extensive industry experience working within new and live Commercial and Industrial operational environments. Services include main contracting, refurbishment & fit out, painting, restoration, maintenance and project management. Experience spans across all sectors from high profile Commercial and Public Buildings.
The successful candidate will provide the local advice and support necessary to assist managers and staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by our client.
Role and responsibilities
- Compiling Method Statements, Risk Assessments, carrying out Audits and all other H&S obligations on the various Construction Sites.
- Responsible for supporting ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental, Health, Safety Management Systems.
- Effectively communicate throughout the company on EHS issues
- Actively participating in management meetings
- Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company
- Carrying out risk assessments and hazard identification
- Hold toolbox talks to communicate EHS requirements to staff and learn from events
- Co-ordinate and deliver EHS related training, inductions, staff training, ISO procedures, etc.
- Audit, control & manage the various Sub-contractor H&S Documentations, Insurance policies, etc.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety or similar required.
- 5+ years of experience in H&S role in the Construction industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- Having the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- €45-55,000 DOE
- Incentive package
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact [email protected] or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: