CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Health & Safety Manager – Galway (nationwide travel) - 5401
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is hiring a Health and Safety Manager for our client, who will be required to travel nationwide.
Our valued client is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager. This is a new role, and a great opportunity to have a real impact on defining and progressing the health and safety agenda across the business. The Health & Safety Manager will develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards in accordance with current health and safety legislation.
Travel is a requirement for this role, so applicants must hold current clean full driving license. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel by delivering an accurate and timely service to the business. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into retail seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
Role and responsibilities
As business expands, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The initial responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
- Define and implement the Health & Safety strategy for our clients’ operations Nationwide.
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented working closely with the site operations teams.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Investigate customer and employee accidents and incidents to full conclusion.
- Advise on, and assist with, company employee return to work process subsequent to an accident/illness resulting in personal injury.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
- Liaise with company clients and maintain a working knowledge of their Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and to maintain great communication and understanding of H & S expectations and standards.
- Ensure that construction/refurbishment/contract transition projects, including implementation of new equipment and processes are planned, directed and monitored from a safety perspective.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, appropriate to the Forecourt/Catering/ Retail Industry.
- Advise on insurance and legal claims and assist to completion/closure.
- Multi interdepartmental liaison on safety.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
Skills & experience
- Ability to serve as an advisor to business as well as directly delivering against key deliverables.
- Capable of independently managing workload and balancing priorities.
- Ability to manage external providers and drive them to delivery in a collaborative way. Strong planning and organisational skills and attentive to detail.
- Proven track record of negotiating challenging tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation.
- Driven to execute and deliver optimal results for the Group, as well as flourish in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- A dynamic individual who is adaptable and can thrive in a rapidly growing organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven track record of building strong relationships and acting as role model in line with our clients’ values.
- Highly adaptable with a strong work ethic and experience delivering to deadlines.
- Strategic thinker who has the ability to execute directly at high quality and pace.
- A positive attitude with a solution focused approach to challenges that arise.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure.
- Willing to travel as required and be flexible with work hours to meet the needs of this role.
- Auditing and reporting ability
- Ability to manage Budget in line with operational needs.
- 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Environmental Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar Industry (Multi-site, wide range and variety of operations in the Retail/Food Service/Catering Industry
Salary and benefits
- €50-55K per annum
- Incentive package
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact [email protected] or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: