CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Health & Safety Officer – Galway
Location: Galway City
Position: Full Time
Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
NexVentur is hiring a Health & Safety Officer for a full time role on behalf of our contracting client in Galway City. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience of working within the Construction sector. This is a full-time permanent role with great benefits.
Role & Responsibilities
- Pre-start project planning, including preparing construction programmes
- Liaise with clients and their design teams
- Allocate site labour
- Set up daily/weekly tasks for site managers
- Review drawing packages and issues
- Monitor all quality on site and deal with any quality issues
- Manage projects from conception to completion, including management of suppliers and subcontractors
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and quality statutory and regulatory requirements
Qualifications & Requirements
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience in a similar HSEQ role.
- Driving licence
- Evidence of continual professional development; keeping up to date with new Health and Safety legislation
- Detailed understanding and experience of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good IT Skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
- Educated to degree level in a business, construction, or health & safety related discipline. Practical work experience will be considered in lieu of academic qualifications.
- Previous experience working in a Demolition/Construction environment in a similar role would be beneficial.
- Train the Trainer Qualification
- Experience in environmental compliance
- Can effectively manage a quality management system
- Permanent, full time
- €60,000-70,000 DOE