CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Junior Estimator - 1925
Position: Permanent | Full Time
Salary: €45,000-€60,000 DOE
Role & responsibilities
NexVentur is looking to recruit a Junior Estimator to join a commercial contractor based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the Senior Estimator and also to use their own initiative to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions.
- Ability to review tender documentation and manage tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final tender bid.
- Issue material and trade enquiries to supply chain and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Liaise and report to senior management in relation to on-going project submissions
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of estimating software.
- Good knowledge of subcontractors, construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Salary €45,000-60,000 depending on experience