CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Manufacturing Engineer – Automation – Leitrim - 4301
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Position: Full Time
Work for a global company leading the way in designing and manufacturing next-level actuators and power folds for controlled motion. They are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with a background in mechanical, manufacturing or other related discipline and experience in Equipment Automation/Software.
This is a role in the area of continuous process improvement, product and process problem solving in a highly automated environment.
The position is based in the scenic county Leitrim, just minutes from Donegal and Sligo with excellent schools and colleges nearby.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring
- Provide design support and programming for PLC’s, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment
- Provide technical expertise to manufacturing process and technology development activities
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Ensure completion of appropriate and relevant documentation within area(s) of responsibility
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation
Skills and Experience
Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with Software or related experience
- Specific Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/ PLC programming and integration
- Experience with servo controllers (Bosch / FESTO / AB / IAI), vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products
- Some experience with Robotics (DENSO / ABB / EPSON) is advantageous
- Desired knowledge in the following: Object oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming
- Experience in a regulated environment (ISO / TS)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable
- Effective leader ability with drive and enthusiasm
- Proven communication, project management and analytical skills are important
- 3D modelling experience (Solidworks, Autocad Inventor)
Additional skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate should possess the following desired Skills and Traits:
- Compliance and Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies
- Collaborates across organisational boundaries
- Creative thinking
- Open communicator
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sponsorship available for the right candidate
- 27 days holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Day role – normal working hours 8am – 4.30pm
If you are interested or you would like to hear more information on this role, email Marc [email protected], or phone 083 089 3989 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
NexVentur is a recruitment and relocation agency operating in Australia and Ireland. We have the contacts and contracts with significant clients in both countries to place staff in both countries, specialising in Construction, Healthcare, Education, Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Admin and Hospitality.
- We have recruitment contracts with leading companies across Ireland and Australia.
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse more roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: