CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Mechanical Quantity Surveyor – Mayo
Salary: Competitive, Negotiable DOE
Position: Full Time
If you’re an experienced quantity surveyor with an interest in working for a leading Irish mechanical engineering firm, this opportunity is for you! Our client, based in Mayo, is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis covering construction projects throughout Connacht & Leinster.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare cost estimates for all project phases, preparing tender documents, contracts, drawings, BoQ, specifications, budgets and maintain accurate records
- Perform material take offs prior to the purchase requisitions for the projects and reports any irregularities or discrepancies to the project management
- Perform and implement post contract duties including measurements, final accounts & evaluation reports. Preparation of payment application and agreeing with Client
- Work with the project team to ensure that measurements, variations, and contractual matters are properly recorded and notified
- Manage, examine, control, and evaluate subcontractor works, evaluate claims, variations, invoices and ensure the contractual obligations are satisfied
- Evaluate quotations obtained from suppliers & subcontractors, ensuring quantities and specifications are in line with tender and projects specifications
- Prepare and update material status and procurement schedule
- Evaluate quotations and ensure quantities and specifications are in line with tender and project specifications
- Provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Conduct meetings with the Client, site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Identify and track changes to the design and project work and adjust the budget accordingly
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering experience
- Technical and practical knowledge of all phases of contract development, award, administration, and close-out relating to a multi-discipline civil/construction project
- Capability to accept responsibilities and accomplish project objectives in a timely manner
- Good communication skills and strong English capability
- Competitive salary which is negotiable DOE
- Fuel card and/or company vehicle
- Pension option after 12 months
If you are interested or you would like to hear more information on this role, email Marc [email protected], or phone 083 089 3989 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
See more Construction Jobs here