Occupational Therapist – Melbourne
Position: Full Time/Part Time/Casual
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their vibrant team in Melbourne. They are a leading allied healthcare provider offering multidisciplinary services to cater for individual needs. Their services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, positive behavioural support and psychology.
Reporting to the Senior Occupational Therapist, your role will be to provide evidence-based Occupational Therapy interventions in a community setting, while delivering exceptional service to achieve customer satisfaction across the company’s portfolio.
- Maintain a functioning knowledge and understanding of the various funding streams such as NDIS, Home Care Packages and the SWEP.
- Develop and maintain a regular appointment cycle with clients.
- Problem-solve unique challenges experienced by clients.
- Liaise and maintain good communications with patients, particularly with respect to jointly setting goals in the development of treatment strategies and ensuring informed consent.
- Provide time quotations for ADL, equipment, mobility and home modification assessments for the disabled and elderly populations.
- Efficiently and effectively conduct comprehensive ADL, equipment and mobility and home modification assessments within the community setting.
- Maintain skill and knowledge of current trends in treatment techniques, best standard equipment recommendations and home modifications.
- Liaise and maintain good communications with builders and equipment provider networks to satisfy the needs of the client.
- Work a cross-section of clinical job roles as required, being willing to assist in all services and at all sites.
- Provide consistent, quality, strong evidence-based interventions.
- Provide client-focused Occupational Therapy service across all domains of the individuals life.
- Adhere to the company’s Quality, Referral Management and Customer Experience Framework.
- Demonstrate the company’s values in all business undertakings.
- Liaising and building rapport with key stakeholders such as: Home Care Providers, NDIS Providers and Agents etc.
- Liaise and maintain good communications with interdisciplinary teams involved in patient care.
- Participate in regular continuing education sessions – both within the business and externally.
- Seek assistance from other clinical staff when faced with difficult clinical decision-making.
- Maintain registration as an Occupational Therapist and full financial insurance membership.
- Recommend and effectively merchandise our products/services to clients
Key Selection Criteria
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve or succeed individual Minimum Billable Activity Target each month whilst adhering to client fee schedules
- Achieve average team Customer Satisfaction Score (NPS) of +30 each quarter
- Achieve minimum 90% Quality and Service Delivery Standard Score each month Requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration.
- Minimum six months clinical experience.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in community/aged care/paediatric arenas.
- Knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Cliniko software.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Sincere passion for helping a diverse range of clients.
- Ability to establish genuine rapport with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Unrestricted current driver’s license.
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package: $2,000 – $10,000
- Further education and training
- Career progression
- Work-life balance
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Carole with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 108 5537 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We can assist with professional registration for Australia.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here