Occupational Therapist Team Leader – Melbourne
Position: Full Time
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to assist in the continued growth and development of their business through activities which achieve staff development and retention; while delivering exceptional service to achieve customer satisfaction across the company’s portfolio.
They are a leading allied healthcare provider offering multidisciplinary services to cater for individual needs. Their services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, positive behavioural support and psychology.
- Managing and coordinating a team of therapists working within the community
- Providing training and education to new graduate and less experienced clinicians within the scope of their practice
- Appropriately coordinating and assigning incoming referrals to clinicians
- Managing and coordinating rosters, allowing clinicians to utilise their time effectively
- Liaising and building rapport with key stakeholders such as: Home Care Providers, NDIS Providers and Agents along with other revenue streams
- Developing policy and procedures around general business and clinical areas including the creation of clinical templates
- Developing processes to increase efficiency and streamlining eliminate any unnecessary steps within our procedures
- Provide consistent, quality, strong evidence-based interventions
- Provide client-focused Occupational Therapy service across all domains of the individuals life
- Maintain a functioning knowledge and understanding of the various funding streams such as NDIS, Home Care Packages and the SWEP
- Develop and maintain a regular appointment cycle with clients.
- Problem-solve unique challenges experienced by clients
- Liaise and maintain good communications with patients, particularly with respect to jointly setting goals in the development of treatment strategies and ensuring informed consent
- Provide time quotations for ADL, equipment, mobility and home modification assessments for the disabled and elderly populations
- Efficiently and effectively conduct comprehensive ADL, equipment and mobility and home modification assessments within the community setting
- Maintain skill and knowledge of current trends in treatment techniques, best standard equipment recommendations and home modifications
- Liaise and maintain good communications with interdisciplinary teams involved in patient care
- Liaise and maintain good communications with builders and equipment provider networks to satisfy the needs of the client
- Deploy your resources in the most profitable and effective manner and hold other team members accountable for doing the same
- Work a cross-section of clinical job roles as required, being willing to assist in all services and at all sites
- Participate in regular continuing education sessions – both within the business and externally
- Seek assistance from other clinical staff when faced with difficult clinical decision-making
- Maintain registration as an Occupational Therapist and full financial insurance membership
- Convert ‘leads’ into ‘consultations’ through the execution of a sound and ethical ‘sales’ process that complies with company values and procedures
- Recommend and effectively merchandise our products/services to clients
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in community/aged care/paediatric arenas
- Team management and business development experience
- Knowledge of the company products and services.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of VINCI software
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Sincere passion for helping a diverse range of clients
- Ability to establish genuine rapport with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unrestricted current driver’s license.
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package: $2,000 – $10,000
- Further education and training
- Career progression
- Work-life balance
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Carole with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 108 5537 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We can assist with professional registration for Australia.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here