CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Painter – all regions
Location: All regions
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is seeking experienced painters and decorators to work on multiple ongoing projects across Australia:
- East Coast
- Brisbane Gold Coast
Role and responsibilities
To apply painting and decorating skills on various projects with a high level of quality.
- Correctly selects and operates the tools and equipment for the job, including, brush, scraper, paint, washers, sprayers, rollers
- Prepares surfaces for paint using equipment heat guns, water blaster, grinding, sanding, scraping (mechanical and hand), washing down and chemical stripping
- Work from scaffold, and erects and dismantles scaffold up to 4m
- If licenced, operate elevated work platforms such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, knuckle booms and truck mounted work platforms in line with SWMS
- If licenced, conduct Rope Access Technician work in accordance with SWMS and Australian Standards
- Paints surfaces in accordance with customer requirements and scope of works
- Reports any near misses, hazards, incidents and injuries to foreman or supervisor as soon as possible
- Handles painting and decorating materials. coatings, cleaning solvents, fillers and adhesives, coverings, barricades, signs, hazardous materials and waste in line with SWMS and Safety Data Sheet
- Follows SWMS, Safe Operating Procedures, risk assessment controls and company safety policy and procedures
- Follows SWMS and hierarchy of control measures when working at heights
- Only operates machinery that he/she is licenced to operate and/or trained in
- Wears correct PPE for the task as per product Safety Data Sheet or equipment manufacturers manual
- Wears steel cap boots (except for Rope Access Technician work) and appropriate Higgins uniform every shift
- Completes a lead test if the painting surface appears to be lead hazardous
- Assists to resolve customer complaints and implement strategies to prevent them from reoccurring
- No. of complaints from customers about performance and behaviour on site
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Trade qualified
- Construction (White) Card
- Working at Heights course (preferred)
- EWP course (preferred)
- Able to work in team environment
- Able to take and follow instructions
- Proven attention to detail
- Takes pride in work
- Can meet deadlines
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here