CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Project Engineer – Melbourne
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000
Position: Full Time
We have an extremely exciting opportunity to be part of the Delivery Engineering Team on Melbourne’s largest road project.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, the Project Engineer for the civil infrastructure and roads packages will sit within the construction delivery team. You will effectively coordinate the design, and construction elements for a designated area on the project to ensure safety, time, cost and environmental objectives are achieved.
You will be working on the delivery of the Central Package of the North East Link Project – Victoria’s biggest road project. Our client will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project. The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Write, review and present construction methods to relevant stakeholders that are in line with project requirements
- Develop construction methods and engineering concepts to safely and cost effectively deliver packages of work
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Site Manger or Project Manager Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
- Experience in the coordination of major building services packages
- 6-10 years’ experience in Building Services across multiple disciplines
- Experience in the BIM environment, using Autodesk Navisworks and Revisto
- Experience within the local building and construction industry, working on large scale commercial projects
- Demonstrated understanding of building codes, standards and construction practices
- Delivered construction projects in a Tier 1 contractor
- Demonstrated commercial experience including planning, reporting, costs and risk management
- Absolute commitment to health and safety practices and expectations
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite; Primavera 6; Autocad
In terms of specific experience, we would love to hear from anyone with the following:
- SEM/Mined tunnel
- Bridges/Land bridges
- General Civil experience
- Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 plus superannuation
- Sponsorship for the right candidates.
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: