CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Project Engineer: Quality – Tunnels – FIFO - 5454
Location: New South Wales FIFO
Salary: $150,000 - $220,000 DOE
Position: Full Time
Join a massive and ongoing $13bn project in New South Wales. Our client is leading the charge in driving renewables forward in Australia. They are offering a FIFO roster from any of the main cities across Australia. They offer state-of-the-art camp and facilities to support the FIFO lifestyle, you will have all your recreational activities covered at camp. The project is set to run until 2028 and sponsorship is available for candidates
Excellent base salaries on offer with 16.7% uplift, $30k Site allowance, $10k Bonus and 11% Super!
Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing onsite project engineering quality assurance of underground tunnelling construction work on behalf of the Owners team in the oversight of contractor activities to ensure that the built product meets contractual requirements and construction works are conducted in a way that meets Snowy Hydro’s project objectives. This role reports directly to the Quality Manager – Construction. The key purpose of this role is to proactively work to prevent short, medium and longer term legacy issues that could compromise the Snowy 2.0 asset performing in the way it is designed to.
- Maintain the highest standard of health and safety performance; implement safety plans, exhibit behaviours consistent with the Snowy Values, lead by example with colleagues, team members; and act in accordance with SHL Health & Safety policies. Construction Project Oversight & Monitoring
- Ensure the Employer’s Requirements are being met at all times, and the Contractor is complying with the Employer’s Design and Construction Requirements.
- Constantly review the Contractor’s underground activities, with the aim of detecting any deficiency of performance before the occurrence of delays or a reduction in quality of the work.
- Ensure underground construction works are carried out in accordance with the latest IFC drawings, specifications and other relevant documents; Detect and immediately report to the Quality Manager any discrepancies, omissions or faults in such documents, including recommended measures to be taken.
- Provide guidance when necessary so that all inspections, tests, acceptances and remedies will be carried out in the best interest of the project, in accordance with the latest revision of the design.
- From time to time, assume the Quality Manager’s role during roster breaks.
- Perform on-site Quality Management on underground construction work on behalf of the Owners team in the oversight of contractor activities, ensuring that the built underground product meets contractual requirements and construction works are conducted in a way that meets project objectives.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is being produced and recorded.
- Ensure the underground works are being carried out in accordance with the latest IFC drawings, specifications and other relevant documents.
- Monitor/prepare the daily reports on all underground works in progress at the site and report to the Quality Manager, not limited to daily plant and equipment, key KPI indicators, resources onsite, weather, access & road conditions.
- Provide technical support for Site Surveillance and Assurance Officers (Tunnel, Safety & Environmental).
- Attend Review, Witness and Hold Points and monitor the program of the Contractor’s ITP’s in the 6-week lookahead timeframe and manage a register of ITP progress and NCR’s.
- Maintain up to date, accessible and accurate versions of necessary site drawings, documents and records up to date and have accessible hard copies on site as required.
- Prepare all documentation necessary for all site interactions with the Contractor.
- Attend Contractor’s quality audits.
- Review Contractor´s Lot records.
- Ensure daily physical attendance on site at all active work fronts, across all areas of responsibility and ensure accurate electronic contemporaneous records are stored, including site photos.
- Ensure all communications to the Contractor and within Owner’s Team regarding QA and non-conformance are managed via ACONEX.
- Have a working knowledge at all times of the status of all designs against the construction programme.
Skills and Experience
- Degree qualifications in Engineering satisfying the eligibility requirements for Corporate Membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Minimum 5 years experience working on large scale, complex, civil engineering or infrastructure projects with significant underground scope.
- Demonstrated quality management and associated engineering and construction skills, and quality systems experience
- Ability to negotiate with, manage and supervise external contractors and consultants.
- The ability to work responsibly and effectively both at site and remote from site;
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively as part of a team and autonomously with responsibility and initiative.
- Able to quickly and effectively adapt to changing circumstances and demands in a measured and constructive way.
- Ability to read and understand work scopes, technical specifications and drawings, conceiving suitable, safe methods to execute and complete works.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of Quality, OH&S, EEO and Environmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Quality Manager – Construction: Receive day to day direction and advice to assist in meeting project objectives
- Site Surveillance and Assurance Officers (Civil,Tunnel, Safety, Enviro): Provide technical support
- Project Engineer – QA Civils
- Project Manager Underground Works, Tunnel Engineers (MAT, ECVT, Drill & Blast)
- Cooma based staff as required
- Contractor’s staff and workforce as required
- Full time position
- Salary $150-220 DOE
- Excellent uplift, site allowance, bonus and super
- Sponsorship available
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Conor Shanagher with your CV at [email protected].
Why apply through NexVentur
NexVentur is a recruitment and relocation agency operating in Australia and Ireland. We have the contacts and contracts with significant clients in both countries to place staff in both countries, specializing in Construction, Healthcare, Education, Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Admin and Hospitality.
- We offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- If you’re looking to relocate, we can assist with:
Flights with discounts and perks ideal for long-haul journeys
Professional registration, tickets and licenses
Banking, forex and tax
Household removals, vehicle export, pet relocation
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: