CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Project Engineers – FIFO - 5212
Location: Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000
Position: Full Time
Are you a Civil Project Engineer looking for high-reward FIFO work? Our client is an Australian owned civil and construction company with more than 20 years’ experience across Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
The company is growing and currently looking for Civil Project Engineers with a background in multidisciplined construction projects (Earthworks, Concrete, Piping and Roads) to join our teams, mainly working on 2/1 FIFO rosters from Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide or Sydney. This is an excellent full-time opportunity for an experienced person to gain credentials on a wide range of civil construction packages (Earthworks and Concrete).
Reporting to the Project Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to provide engineering functional leadership and project engineering services, enabling the project to be delivered safely, profitably and in accordance with the client’s contractual, technical and quality requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Interpreting specifications, draft and maintain drawings and plans, construction methods and procedures
- Researching and advising on the best engineering solution to meet project needs and budget
- Providing support to the Project Manager, Construction Manager and wider Project team
- Comprehensive understanding of the scope of work, specifications, work plans and drawings
- Developing detailed work programs for allocated work packages
- Managing scope of work, equipment and materials, and ensure compliance
- Identifying variations in work packages and submitting list for review by Construction Manager
- Pro-actively manage costs within your control, to ensure project delivery within budget
- Developing margin improvement strategies in conjunction with the Project Manager and teams
- Preparing Project Specific Quality Management Plans and obtain approval from the Client
- Ensuring the requirements of the quality management plan are effectively implemented to meet project requirements
- Allocating responsibility to staff to perform the QA/QC inspections and duties as defined in the project quality plan and related procedures
- Ensuring familiarity of team members with the quality assurance manual, procedures, ITPs, test
- methods & reporting requirements
- Developing Project specific Construction Management Plans and get the same approved by the client
- Preparing and reviewing internal ITPs, forms & checklists for approval by client
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (Post Graduate qualifications advantageous)
- Experience working in a FIFO / DIDO capacity.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience with experience in delivering Concrete, Civil and Earthworks projects.
- Proven forecasting and budget management, EOM Process, Cost Tracking skills
- Construction Induction Training (White Card)
- Generous and competitive salary package
- Weekly pay
- Work amongst engaged leaders and collaborative teams
- High-performance supportive HSE culture
- Safety being at the forefront of everything we do
- Eligibility for cash bonuses as part the employee referral program
- Long-term permanent role and the opportunity to work on a range of projects across Australia
- 482 Sponsorship
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact ala[email protected] or apply through the link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: