CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Location: West of Ireland
Position: Full time
Salary: €40,000 DOE
Are you a smart negotiator with experience in procurement and supply-chain management processes? This exciting new role for a Purchasing Officer in the West of Ireland is being offered by a leading Irish-owned mechanical engineering consultancy firm. We invite enthusiastic individuals who share in the company values of teamwork, client focus, integrity and quality to apply.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Purchasing Officer’s primary responsibility is to work alongside the Mechanical Engineers assisting with the procurement/purchasing function within the business.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Procure goods and services, and plant and equipment (hired and owned).
- Negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Identify potential suppliers and liaise with both new and existing suppliers to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders.
- Liaise with site management and engineers on material and plant requirements.
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc analysis, projects and any other assigned tasks and duties as directed to support the team.
- Work with team to ensure company standards and accreditations are maintained.
- General administration when required.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience of procurement and supply-chain management processes within a mechanical, construction or related sector.
- Possess and demonstrate strong technical knowledge of building products and systems.
- Excellent financial, commercial and analytical skills.
- A proven capability of managing your workload effectively.
- Well-developed negotiation skills are essential, along with experience of running tenders, with a track record of delivering value.
- Experience in purchasing, purchasing processes and purchasing administration.
- Salary €40,000 per year DOE
- On-site parking
If you’re interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Marc [email protected], or phone 083 089 3989 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and more.
We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.