CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Quantity Surveyor & Estimator
Location: Ireland Dublin 15
Position: Permanent | Full Time
Salary: €65- €85k
Currently looking for experienced Quantity Surveyor or Estimator for Design and Build Contracts for
Frameworks procured with Irish Water , ESB & Civils Projects . Project Durations at between 3-5 years,
with possible extensions to these frameworks.
- Has experience in the Civils (Pipelines) & Utility side of the industry.
- Experience in IW, ESB, or Drainage projects, or UK/Australian/USA similar industry statutory bodies projects?
- Been Responsible for numerous projects within urban and rural environments, with particular attention to urban environment
- Experience of 5 plus years.
- Experience in tendering projects as the commercial lead, and identifying opportunities at time of tender, and bringing these through during project execution.
- Ability to direct construction team post tender stage, to project execution, on all aspects of commercial basis of tender, including available rates, monies and outputs/times, for direct or subcontracted resources.
- Has experience with MEICA (Mech & Elec) , HDD and non-invasive methodologies (Preferable but not a necessity).
- Experience of tracking costs, reporting revenue, drafting commercial narratives, processing subcontractor payments.
- Ability to produce low level programmes (excel , msp, or similar) that are in line with contract requirements, which can be developed by Planning/Programming Teams.
- Has a deep understanding of GCC, NEC or FIDIC Conditions of Contract, and has led a team detailing notifications, tracking, costings, quotes, and negotiations with Client and their Reps .
- Good leadership skills and communication with multiple levels of staff, departments, Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and work on initiative to deliver a package within required timeframes.
- Ability to negotiate amicably with Clients, and avoid conciliation where possible.
- Ability to flag early warnings to Contracts Manager and PMs on under performing projects early, and detail proposals to mitigate issues, and risks as part of a team.