CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Rail Project Manager – Galway - 5479
Location: Co. Galway
Position: Full Time
NexVentur are looking to recruit a Project Manager to work with our client on an upcoming rail project.
It will be a permanent position and based in Galway for the first 2.5 years. The ideal candidate will form part of the West of Ireland regional team and for the most part work out of the west of Ireland.
Working times generally 8am to 6pm, however there is a need to comply with working time directives.
Role and responsibilities
The suitable candidate will:
- Lead the rail team on the project and manage the entire rail process.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the rail works
- Report directly to the construction Director.
- Manage technical and material submittals
- Manage the programming of the works with the project planner/programmer.
- Prepare detailed progress reports for the client meetings
- Ability to enter into technical dialogue with all of the clients team.
- Safety management is a key requirement and must be to the forefront of the candidates thinking on all work items
- Ensuring safe systems of work are being utilised at all times
- Reviewing method statements in conjunction with the safety officer is vital
On the rail section he/she will lead a team of made up of engineers, foreman, safety advisors. The candidate must be capable of dealing with and managing subcontractors to the completion of their works packages.
He/she must be commercially aware and ensure that the site QS and commercial manager is kept up to date at all times with any delays or variations encountered on the project.
Skills & experience
- 7+ years experience in a PM role on rail projects with a strong knowledge of Irish rail is required.
- 3rd Level qualification in project management/construction/engineering.
- Strong financial, commercial and business development acumen.
- Experience dealing with Public Contracts preferable.
- Good knowledge of quality and safety management systems.
- Ability to generate detailed site reports.
- Ability to drive projects and work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Full Irish driving licence.
- Company vehicle
- Pension scheme (optional)
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, please email [email protected], or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: