Registered Nurse Neonatal Unit – Victoria - 3617
Location: Victoria - Melbourne
Position: Full Time
Do you have an interest in Neonatal Nursing? We have a fabulous opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in the Neonatal Unit of a leading women’s hospital in Melbourne. Our client is offering relocation up to $10,000, sponsorship, career progression, further education and training and work-life balance.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is one of four tertiary referral units in Melbourne, providing care for sick and premature babies across Victoria. On average 1600 premature and medically very sick babies are admitted each year. The Neonatal Service also plays a key role in providing education and training for local, national and international health professionals and has an extensive research program that includes long term care follow up.
The NICU is a 54 bed unit made up of 27 Level six cots and 32 Level 3-5 cots. The NICU model of care is designed to keep mothers and babies together, underpinned by several principles including: consistency, continuity of care and the engagement of families.
The provision of care to infants in the Newborn Intensive & Special Care and support as appropriate to their families.
Responsibilities & Major Activities
- Ability to work in all levels of neonatal nursing care after appropriate training and support with an emphasize on developing an area of expertise
- Provision of a safe level of care to neonates and their families based on a family-centered care approach
- Provision of care in accordance to the Policy and procedures of the neonatal services.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within a multidisciplinary team
- Effective documentation
- Active participation in Quality & Safety, Infection Control, and research projects, and the to support the enhancement of care provision
- Awareness and participation in the formulation of Policies and Procedures to provide best practice care
- Participation in the review and formulation of policies and procedures to meet national and international benchmarks
- Assist and support the orientation of new staff and their ongoing learning experience.
- Actively seek professional development opportunities.
- Use of the Women’s electronic medical record (EMR) where required to fulfil the duties of this position
Key Performance Indicators
Key performance measures are how you will be measured as meeting the responsibilities of the position listed above. These will be set with you as part of your Performance Development plan within the first six months of your appointment to the position.
- Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers)
- Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020
- AHPRA registered
- RWH NICU/ SCN 12 hour Shift Rostering Agreement
Key Selection Criteria
- Registered Nurse Division 1 Grade 2 (see registration info)
- Neonatal Intensive Care or Special Care Nursing Experience
- Competent computer literacy including use of a PC, mouse, keyboard, standard Microsoft office software
- Neonatal Nursing Certificate or equivalent e.g. Post Graduate Midwifery or Paediatric nursing Qualification
- Embodies the Women’s values of courage, passion, discovery and respect
- Strong customer focus
- Strong passion in Neonatal nursing
- Professional and flexible approach
- Team focus
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize
- Effective communication skills
- Reflective approach to practice and professional development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package: $2,000 – $10,000
- Further education and training
- Career progression
- Work-life balance with good nurse to patient ratios
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Carole with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 108 5537 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We can assist with professional registration for Australia.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here