Registered Nurse Operating Theatre – Victoria - 3612
Position: Full Time
We have a fabulous opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in the Operating Suite of a leading women’s hospital in Melbourne. Our client is offering relocation up to $10,000, sponsorship, career progression, further education and training and work-life balance.
The Operating Suite is part of Perioperative Services. Perioperative Services at the hospital is a comprehensive dedicated department incorporating all aspects involved in surgical intervention for patients. The following departments are included: Triage, Surgical Pre admission Clinic, Booking Office, Anaesthetic Department, Acute Pain Services, Operating Theatre and the Day Surgery Unit.
The Operating Suite provides surgical services 24 hours per day, seven days a week and consists of five operating theatres including one dedicated emergency theatre, two procedure rooms, and a ten bay PACU. Surgical specialties include obstetrics, gynaecology, urogynaecology, breast, and oncology.
- Work across all areas of Theatre Nursing: Scrub, Scout, Recovery and Anaesthetics
- To be professionally accountable for the standard of nursing care provided.
- Be aware of and work in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety, Infection
- Control, Equal Employment Opportunity, Data Integrity and Confidentiality.
- Be respectful of the needs of patients, visitors and other staff and maintain a professional approach to all interactions.
- Ensures all mandatory competencies are maintained annually.
- Works in accordance with the Victorian Public Sector Code of Conduct.
- Provides high quality nursing care
- Promotes a friendly, respectful and supportive environment
- Participates in quality assurance and clinical research studies
- Complies with the RWH Policies and Procedures
- Ensures accurate documentation
- Accepts and reflects on constructive feedback
- Acts as Team Leader in their theatre or in PACU when required
- Undertakes Uterine Manipulation training and performs Uterine Manipulation as requested
Key Performance Indicators
- Key performance measures are how you will be measured as meeting the responsibilities of the position listed above. These will be set with you as part of your Performance Development plan within the first six months of your appointment to the position.
Leadership and Management
- Being aware of the unit and organisation goals and work toward achieving these.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for patient care.
- Participates in the process for accreditation.
Human Resource Management
- Recognise and utilise team members with appropriate skills to maximise productivity and professional satisfaction.
- Report on a regular basis to the Nurse Unit Manager or representative on the performance of all responsibilities and functions.
- Promotes supports and participates in unit and hospital education programs.
- Participates in, and supports research programs within the unit.
- Participates in Policy and Procedure review and development.
- Ensures all information and records are maintained on to the electronic theatre management system- ORMIS.
- Ensures all data entry is accurate and entered in a timely manner
- Ensures a safe working environment at all times by maintaining effective work practices, adopting procedures and practices according to regulatory Acts and guidelines.
- Participates in their own performance review initially at 3 months and thereafter annually. Learning needs will be identified and objectives established.
Key Selection Criteria
Experience/Qualifications/Competencies Essential Criteria
- Division 1 Registered Nurse with AHPRA (click for details)
- Recent operating theatre or PACU experience
- Ability to work a rotating rostering including 10 hour shifts, night duty and on call
- Keenness to rotate through all specialty areas: instrument/circulation, anaesthetics and Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
- Strong commitment to consumer safety
- Display a patient centred focus of care
- Demonstrated team player
- Experience in women’s health nursing
- Post graduate certificate or working towards post graduate certificate
- Skills (Operational/Technical roles)
- Proficiency across all areas of Theatre Nursing: Scrub, Scout, Recovery and Anaesthetics
- Ability to identify needs of the patient
- Establishes relationships with staff that promotes a professional work environment
- Uses and promotes effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Embodies the Women’s values of courage, passion, discovery and respect
- “Can do” and flexible approach to problem solving
- Ability to time manage and prioritise
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to reflect on and improve performance
- Balancing sometimes competing and conflicting priorities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanour
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package: $2,000 – $10,000
- Further education and training
- Career progression
- Work-life balance with good nurse to patient ratios
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Carole with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 108 5537 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We can assist with professional registration for Australia.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here