CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Civil Designer – SA and Victoria
Location: South Australia & Victoria
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000
Position: Full Time
Our Client is a nationally recognised multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy providing quality services and solutions to the development, property and urban infrastructure sectors for almost 50-years. Offices in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney employ 150 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff who safely deliver fit for purpose outcomes to time, scope, budget and quality expectations offering clients a great return on their investment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that tasks undertaken comply with safe working practices and adhere to the requirements of FMG Engineering’s OHS&W policies
Civil Design and Drafting
- Civil engineering design and modelling
- Civil engineering drafting
- Adherence to civil drafting standards and protocols
- Utilisation of design package software
- Preparation of specifications and documents
- Working with designers and drafters as job requirements dictate
- Liaison with clients and authorities
- In conjunction with the Civil team, ensure that the quality of work produced meets or exceeds clients’ requirements and that deliveries are met
- Provide technical advice and assistance to drafting personnel
- Be proactive in learning new skills
- Work to be part of and encourage a team environment
- Production Output and MeasurementMeet required targets regarding output of work. (Work output is to be measured for the Civil division team on an ongoing basis)
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with existing customers, in order to maintain customer loyalty and build volume or cross-sell
- Liaise effectively with builders, architects, building designers, subcontractors, consultants, co-workers and other internal and external clients.
- Provide an environment whereby the company can provide a timely, responsive and accurate input to all client requests.
- Ensure that all administration matters in relation to your position are attended to in a timely, efficient and expedient manner.
- Maintain reliable and accurate information and adhere to all document control procedures.
- Accurately record time spent on individual jobs and record on time sheet
- Timesheets to be updated and completed each day
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken and all products are consistent with the requirements of the FMG Engineering Quality System.
- Encourage, promote and ensure that a culture of mandatory compliance to FMG Engineering procedures is sustained.
- Ensure that design / drafting standards are consistent within the organisation
- Maintenance of training and competency records
- Internal: Civil Team Leader, Civil team members, other Division members
External: Clients, builders, works contractors, professional bodies, authorities/agencies and any other relevant third parties when necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- (R) – Required
- (D) – Desirable (training could be provided)
- Relevant tertiary qualification (R)
- Significant team leadership experience (R)
- Demonstrated client contact, liaison skills (D)
- Proven experience in a Consulting Engineering Company (D)
- Sound Civil Engineering/design skills (R)
- Demonstrated sound drafting skills (R)
- Competent use of appropriate drafting and design software (R)
- Advanced verbal and written and communications skills (R)
- General computing skills, e-mail, Windows, Microsoft package etc (R)
- Capable of working in harmony within a team environment (R)
- Innovative (D)
- Acts to minimise errors and maintain high standards of quality (R)
- Able to understand, interpret and respond clearly to others (R)
- Strong relationship manager (R)
- Able to motivate others (R)
- Grace under pressure (R)
- Able to work effectively with a wide variety of situations, individuals or groups (R)
- Prepared to travel interstate as required (R)
- Able to break down complex problems and work logically to a solution (R)
- Able to see how issues can impact on other aspects of the business (R)
- Street Smart (R)
- Able to embrace the big picture and still drive daily requirements (R)
- Acts to acquire, expand and use technical knowledge and to distribute work-related knowledge to others (R)
- Willingness to Lead
- Self motivated to succeed (R)
- Team player (R)
- Works cooperatively and openly with others as a team as opposed to working competitively (R)
- Acts to align one’s behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the organisation (R)
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here