CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Civil Project Manager - 2411
Location: Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia
Position: Permanent, Full Time
If you are a Senior Civil Project Manager with a strong commercial background and you’re looking for a long and successful career, this is the role!
You will be supported by an extremely experienced and passionate civil construction team with access to some of the country’s best civil operators & labourers. You will develop and manage a key project and client, aligning the project to the business strategies and contributing to the development of our client’s brand.
Role & Responsibilities
- Construction site management and supervision
- Scheduling purchases and deliveries of materials and equipment
- Supervision and inspection of site civil works, including quality and safety elements
- Project management duties including managing budgets, resources, and deadlines
- Acquiring and assessing quotes for subcontractor work
- Monitoring and optimising safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors
- Conduct on site investigations and analyse data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- Civil/Structural Engineering Degree (recognised by Engineers Australia or equivalent)
- Proven recent working experience in civil engineering (a minimum of five years’ industry knowledge desired) in bulk earthworks or large-scale civil works
- Must have a strong commercial background with experience managing claims
- Surveying/GPS/setting-out experience desired
- AutoCAD & Civil3D experience a benefit
- Experience managing variety of subcontractors simultaneously
- Landfill construction/capping works experience preferable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with sound problem-solving ability
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to identify risks and implement health and safety solutions
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Willing to work on regional projects as required
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time
- Quarry experience would be beneficial
- A team player, who can work autonomously and be trusted to deliver.
- Your safety & wellbeing are priority
- Great working culture
- Competitive remuneration $140k – $160k plus super ( Depending on experience)
- Company Jeep and fuel card along with tolls
- Flights at Christmas for the right candidate to go back to Ireland
If interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan [email protected], or phone 087 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.