CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Commercial and Projects Manager – Brisbane - 3622
Position: Full Time
Our Client is a dynamic company committed to protecting the environment through a strong focus and commitment to the renewable energy industry. Their aim is to be the preferred provider when it comes to building wind farms across Australia. They are a fast-growing family-run business and are looking for the best talented Management to help continue or success to date.
The company values its people and the environment and although they are a relatively new company, they have demonstrated their keenness and commitment by obtaining certification of their management systems to ensure they have in place Internationally Compliant HSEQ Systems to keep their people safe and ensure they provide our clients the best levels of service.
The company wants to continue that focus and it is intended that the following role will support them to maintain that focus.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial & Projects Manager partners with the management team and is responsible for the operational and financial performance all projects under their control. The Commercial & Projects Manager will contribute to the profitable growth by:
- Developing commercial & project plans including budgeting and forecasting for the short and long term
- Analysing project performance, including the profitability, revenue, pricing and cost of goods sold
- Managing budgets, expenses, pricing and commercial arrangements
- Adopting the lead role in advising around pricing for commercial contracts
- Driving efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and delivered on budget
- Partnering with all Senior and Middle managers to drive financial performance
- Conducting analysis of commercial opportunities
- Preparing models to assess future profitability of identified opportunities
- Taking a lead role in solving commercial issues that may arise
- Supporting to develop an effective and accountable Commercial and Project Management Framework
- Developing effective commercial, business development, contract and project management strategies
- Overseeing and leading the commercial, business development, contract and project management strategies
- Ensuring effective client and customer liaison systems and processes are developed and implemented
- Developing and implementing an effective pricing strategy for approval by the Managing Director and Board.
- Ensuring effective interface with Operations, Human Capital & HSEQ, Administration and Finance teams.
- Leading & providing guidance for the Business Development and Project Management Teams to ensure effective completion of all tenders
Role and Responsibilities
The Commercial & Projects Manager is responsible for ensuring all Commercial, Business Development and Project Management Strategies are aligned to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems, ISO 48001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems and AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems to support & to maintain its certification at annual surveillance audits.
- Responsible for the development of tender pricing and project budgets
- Responsible for all Commercial and Project Management Budgets to ensure they are cost-effective
- Ensure all Commercial and Business Development activities are undertaken in a cost-effective manner with a focus on savings where possible
- Ensure all projects are managed and operate within the determined budget forecast
- Identify new business opportunities with current and new clients
- Contact prospective and current clients as the opportunities present
- Ensure agreed minimum profitability for all proposals
- Develop & maintain a calendar of upcoming relevant client appointments
- Proactively seek new opportunities for existing clients through aligning our product & services with client business
- Consistent sales generation activities – calling potential clients and current clients – following up on enquiries in a timely manner;
- Generating opportunities to quote or tender
- Improve quote conversion rates through strong working relationships and sales skills
- Coordinate attendance of senior technical and management executives at all sales calls
- Present / pitch to prospective clients
- Ensure all services are provided and projects managed in a way that revenue opportunities and profitability are maximised and repeat business opportunities optimised
- Be fully aware of the Business Development KPI’s and ensure they are met.
- Effectively time manage your weekly workload in order to meet the key targets set for your team and the accountabilities detailed within this job description.
Commercial & Tendering
- Develop and implement a quality focused risk based commercial and project management strategy that will ensure we meet the needs and expectations of client/customers and ensures their satisfaction
- Ensure business development and project management strategies will ensure effective cost management and support maximised savings to enable future opportunities and development of our people and the company
- Ensure an evidence-based approach to the company’s commercial, business development and project management strategies
- Manage and ensure the development and timely submission of conforming tenders
- Develop and ensure compliance with tender procedure and contract scope of works and contracts when developing tenders, to ensure we meet the needs and expectations of our clients and for all tenders
- Ensure all tender pricing is submitted for approval by the Managing Director before it is submitted to the client
- Ensure all tenders submitted are accurate and reflect the intended process for the project implementation on successful aware of tender
- Responsible for reviewing all tender and other client contracts
- Develop and execute subcontractor agreements
- Other commercial documentation for review as required
- Develop and implement cost effective project management strategies that meet the clients project needs and expectations to ensure their satisfaction
- On successful tender aware, ensure the proposed tender implementation/execution process is reviewed to ensure it is accurate and reflects the actual needs, to ensure effective implementation with no unplanned or unexpected costs
- Maintain contract & cost compliance across all projects – 100% compliance
- Manage all variations to ensure all costs are accurately accounted for and recovered – 100% recovery
- Maintain effective client communications and liaisons through regular documented meetings, ensure all client input, feedback etc. is captured in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Ensure follow up and close out of all client and customer input and feedback
- Ensure an evidence-based approach is adopted to all client communications and feedback
- Undertake regular visits to all project sites to ensure cohesion or approach with the intended project
Client & Customer Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain the Client/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Ensure database is updated daily with full details of all potential clients / business development opportunities
- Ensure all information is entered accurately & in a timely manner
- Use the system to follow up; schedule and manage all leads and prospects
- Use the system to report weekly/monthly/quarterly to the Key Account Manager identifying trends, new opportunities and new leads
- Utilise the CRM to plan, forecast sales revenue
- All client contact is to be documented using the CRM
- Ensure all business development, communications and feedback is documents in the CRM
- Be highly active on contacting potential clients through ‘cold calls’ and other sales approaches
- Impact the profitability of the company through new business development activity
- Drive business growth through the assertive selling our services to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts to increase the Company’s profile within the market and to generate sales
- Promote our company in a positive manner
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Actively build & maintain positive / strong working relationships with clients by developing an interest and maintaining an understanding of client’s organisation and business direction
- Represent at client meetings and events such as networking opportunities and conferences/ exhibitions/ seminars to support the development of effective client relations.
- Provide Regular reports to the company on all Commercial & Business Development activity, Project Management progress, all client & customer feedback and the status of actions and requirements.
- Develop and submit monthly Commercial and Projects Progress Reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications & Licenses
To be successful in this role the candidate must possess the following:
- Business Qualifications – Commensurate to the position requirements
- Project Management Qualification
- Current Full Australian Drivers Licenses – Class (C)
- Current Construction Induction Card
Experience & Skills
To be successful in this role we require you hold experience in the following areas:
- At least two years relevant experience appropriate to carry out the position requirements effectively to meet company expectations
- At least 2 to 5 years-experience working within the wind, heavy cranes and associated industries
- Commensurate experience in commercial and project management
- Experienced highly effective client & customer relationship manager
- Working in a developing business with an ability to support the company strategy for growth and development
You will also be required to possess the following skills:
- Strong MS Office 365 Suite Skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, One Drive)
- Strong financial management skills
- Demonstrated high level customer and client service skills
- Team orientated, with strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills
- Expected Behaviours/Characteristics
- The following are expected behaviours/characteristics the successful applicant should possess and displace:
- Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through monitoring & analysis
- Exposure and conceptual understanding of contract law and pricing
- Strong commercial acumen and business understanding
- Ability to manage both internal and customer relationships
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational skills to manage, plan, organise and implement programs, projects and business-related plans
- Ability to cope with conflict, stress and perceived crisis situations
- Demonstrate, innovative skills and work ethics
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the management of staff, contractors and customers through coaching, guiding, counselling and mentoring
- Excellent Salary: $160,000 p/a + Super
- Sponsorship available to the right candidate
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here