CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Cost Manager – Melbourne
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000
Position: Full Time
As a Senior Cost Manager you will work with highly experienced, culturally diverse, and passionate teams nurturing a strong social dynamic and a shared sense of achievement. You will gain vast industry experience that will open doors for you, extend your skillset and expand your perspective. The company will empower, support, and enable you to take real responsibility in your role so that you can take charge of your career progression with us. You will be mentored and supported by industry leaders and given the tools to grow. You will also be involved in and contribute to our business strategy as we continue to evolve. Lasting, trusted relationships are everything, both with teams and clients.
Who you’ll be working for
Our client is a highly successful global project and cost management consultancy that keeps clients coming back. Their fresh thinking and focus on what matters that has led to the business evolving. The company is working in some of the most exciting innovative sectors with some of the world’s most prestigious companies delivering major projects that deliver a more sustainable built environment.The company has an open culture and a flat structure where you can expect to be treated with genuine care, respect, and empathy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the tender/bid process–from initial tender/bid documentation through analysis and reporting
- Analyse tenders/bids to ensure client value for money
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Create estimates and cost plans for key client developments
- Oversee project spend by creating valuations and cost reports, and clearly communicate variations to your team
- Support nimble project management and clear decisions through excellent cost documentation and timely communication
- Support the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims with transparency
- Foster top performance and growth for your employees via excellent mentorship and leadership
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience as a cost manager, ideally from a consultancy background
- Have experience in pre- and post-contract cost management on varied projects
- Are chartered or are on the path to complete it. We can help
- Have a degree or comparable experience in a project management or construction discipline
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing
- Love a dynamic environment with the opportunity to manage your own priorities and deadlines
- Thrive on building strong relationships with your team and clients through a shared purpose and sense of openness and fun
- MEP experience is desirable
- Salary: $130k- $150k plus super
- Sponsorship for the right candidate
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: