CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Project Engineers – FIFO - 5218
Location: Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane
Salary: $150,000 - $180,000
Position: Full Time
Our client is an Australian owned civil and construction company with more than 20 years’ experience across Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland. With a growing reputation, they partner with some of Australia’s major Infrastructure, Mining, Oil and Gas and Defence clients, specialising in the delivery of large-scale and technically complex Earthworks, Concrete, Roadworks, Construction and Piping works projects.
The is growing and we are hiring Senior Civil Project Engineers with a background in multidisciplined construction projects (Earthworks, Concrete, Piping and Roads) to join their teams.
The key responsibility of the role will be to who lead engineering support to the Pre-Contracts team to ensure submissions are aligned with project functionality, profitably and in accordance with the client’s contractual, technical and quality requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to estimators to develop construction sequence
- Develop tender methodologies/diagrams including conducting site visits for tenders
- Reviewing estimates prior to submissions
- Contribute with pricing from suppliers/subcontractors
- Provide pro-active and timely engineering services to stakeholders, ensuring the client’s contractual, technical and quality requirements are met
- Interpret specifications which include drafting and maintaining drawings and plans, construction methods and procedures.
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet the project needs
- Lead Engineering support to the Project/Construction Managers & Project teams where required
- Develop detailed programs for allocated work packages
- Manage and input on scope of work, equipment and materials, ensuring full compliance
- Liaise with Planner regarding planning of day to day works and provide input regarding forecasted programs as required
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders, including client representatives
Skills & Requirements
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with Concrete, Earthworks and Civil projects in the Mining infrastructure industry
- Experience in reading and interpreting plans, drawings and specifications
- An optimistic and proactive approach to the tasks at hand
- Strong commercial acumen
- Confidence in managing across a range of different relationships throughout the business and on site
- Genuine enthusiasm and dedication to deliver solid and consistent results
- An optimistic and proactive approach to the tasks at hand – and be a driver for results
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate Excel.
- Flexible to travel to site on an ad hoc basis
- Generous and competitive salary package which is paid Weekly
- Employee Assistance programme
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Work amongst engaged leaders and collaborative teams
- Safety being at the forefront of everything we do
- Eligibility for cash bonuses as part the employee referral program
- Long term permanent role and the opportunity to work within a National Australia wide and growing Civil contractor
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact ala[email protected] or apply through the link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: