CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Galway - 5424
Position: Full Time
NexVentur are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with our expanding client in the Construction industry. The role will be based in Co. Galway with one day per week in Dublin.
The successful candidate will be working for a full services construction contractor with extensive industry experience working within new and live Commerical and Industrial operational environments on multi million euro projects.
Services include main contracting, refurbishment & fit out, painting, restoration, maintenance and project management across all sectors from high profile Commercial and Public Buildings.
Role and responsibilities
- Preparation of tender and contract documents, BOQs, schedule of rates and valuations.
- Development, supervision, and monitoring of subcontractor packages.
- Measurement and take-off of materials using tools like Cubit or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential
- Liaise with Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager when dealing with internal stakeholders and client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings
Qualifications, skills & experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a Quantity Surveyor role on building works/construction projects
- Proficiency in project pricing and estimation.
- Capability to negotiate final accounts and agreements with subcontractors.
- Strong time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the construction industry and working on site
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Travel may be required one day a week to sites in Dublin
Applications for Intermediate Quantity Surveyors with 4+ years’ experience are welcome.
- €70-90K DOE
- Incentive package
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact [email protected] or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: