CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Perth - 4961
Salary: $110,000 - $150,00
Position: Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity to progress your career with Australia’s largest privately owned Quantity Surveying and Project Management firm. You will be involved in delivering outstanding results to our clients through the delivery of bespoke and market leading Quantity Surveying services.
The job is based in Perth where you will work on a variety of interesting projects in sectors such as Health, Residential, Aviation, Sports & Leisure, Education, Commercial, Civic and Justice.
Role and Responsibilities
- The specific duties that attach to your position are as follows but not limited to:
- Measurement of quantities in assisting the preparation of preliminary estimates cost plans and bills of quantities.
- Management and leadership of project teams within your Project, including quality and utilisation
- Provide assistance to quantity surveyors in undertaking contract administration services including measurement of variations and preparation of progress claims.
- Work flow management, allocation and review to ensure timeframes are met. Where timeframes cannot be met, to advise Directors in a timely manner and provide suggested solutions.
- Expanding roles and services with existing clients
- Developing relationships with alliance partners (such as architects) and prospects to generate repeat business and new opportunities
- Provide assistance to the Quantity Surveying team for any post contract work as directed
- To undertake work within the prescribed timeframes and complete estimates to the prescribed accuracies
- Maintain open communication with all staff, this will assist in your own training
- Ensure efficient time management and that your deadlines have been meet
- Prepare post contract certificates including variation resolution
- Provide assistance in preparation of tax depreciation schedules, bank reports etc.
- Assist in project cost analysis and input into preparation of cost data bases.
- Assist in Quality Assurance requirements including documentation and assistance with internal audit requirements.
- Provide assistance as necessary with administration tasks around the office.
- Actively demonstrate behaviours consistent with company values at all times
- Other duties as reasonably expected from a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Statutory Requirements – WH&S, QA & Group StandardsMaintain the quality of work by complying with:
- Employee Handbook
- The Code of Conduct
- Work Health and Safety Policy
- IT Policy
Quality Assurance proceduresResource Management
- Adhere as directed to the current business plan and workload requirementsTeamwork
- Assist in maintaining team cohesiveness and resolving any particular conflicts within the team.
- Give regular and reliable feedback to team and management
- Reward and praise good teamwork
- Promote a healthy climate of communication including information sharing
- Find opportunities to cooperate with members of other groupsProfessional Development
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the technical aspects of your role and have the ability to share and distribute this knowledge with other team members.
- Commit to continual professional development and learning on relevant technological, business and human relationship matters.
- Any other duties the company may reasonably require you to perform.
- All business development and client contact work is required to be recorded in the Company’s Client Relationship (CRM) system.
- $110-$150k AUD + superannuation.
- Sponsorship available- ideally looking for candidates with visa already with the view to sponsor after 6 months.
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact ala[email protected] or apply through the link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: