CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Senior Site Supervisor – Adelaide - 3975
Salary: Competitive DOE
Position: Full Time
Our client is a specialised Australian contractor, providing structural concrete FRP (Form-Reo-Pour), earthmoving and labour hire services. They partner with tier 1 and 2 clients to deliver complex infrastructure works across the civil infrastructure, defence, renewable energy, and high-rise residential and commercial development sectors.
They are experiencing fast growth and consequently looking for an experienced Senior Site Supervisor with a civil background to join the team and assist in delivering a variety of exciting projects. Based in the Adelaide office, the role will work closely with the Construction Manager, Site Supervisors and construction delivery team.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the Site Supervisors across various projects, and will be fully responsible for the planning, organising and managing of the assigned project site(s).
- Manage a team of 4-6 Site Supervisors.
- Review the project plans, schedule and specifications, and comment on the construction design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures, and potential construction problems.
- Forecast operational requirements, allocate labour and trade resources on assigned projects; and ensure labour is used to optimum performance.
- Monitor performance of construction crew and subcontractors, and ensure performance is aligned to scope of works.
- In conjunction with Construction Manager, attend site meetings, liaise with clients, contractors, or subcontractors to discuss projects, and resolve issues.
- Scheduling – ordering materials and quantity takeoffs.
- Monitor cost control, and liaise with Construction Manager on potential issues.
- Identify, analyse and report on variations.
- Inspect construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- In conjunction with Site Supervisors, maintain control and responsibility for the security and operations of company owned vehicles, equipment, plant and tools.
- Maintain and enforce high-quality construction standards and quality control of OH&S practices.
- Ensure commercial in confidence information and documentation is secured at all times.
- Ensure Premier’s management systems are implemented across assigned projects; and/or recommend potential changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years’ field experience in a similar role.
- Able to manage multiple projects across South Australia.
- Excellent supervision, organisational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and scheduling tools.
- Knowledge of Australian Construction industry’s applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
- Competitive Salary package plus superannuation
- Full time role
- Sponsorship for the right candidates.
- Phone, laptop and company UTE
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: