CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Service Technician – Sydney - 4256
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is urgently looking to recruit Service Technician for a well-established mechanical and air-condition company in Sydney. As a Service Technician you are to provide quality service, repair and preventative maintenance to HVAC&R and mechanical service assets
Our client delivers comprehensive design and construction solutions to a variety of clients, big and small. With established offices throughout Australia and New Zealand, the company employs more than 300 employees, offering competitive, refined solutions to tender markets, and direct to the client.
As an industry leader over the past 30 years, the company has a reputation for excellence and professionalism and focuses on delivering smarter, more cost-effective and intelligent solutions to clients, while always looking towards their next project together.
Role and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures where applicable
- Adhere to all customer policies and procedures where applicable including site inductions etc.
- A basic awareness of some Microsoft software applications (MS Excel and Word)
- Adherence to company requirements and procedures
- Maintain all trade and work related qualifications and licenses to remain current at all times that are applicable to your role. (including ARCtick where applicable)
- Ensure company vehicle and associated trade assets are maintained in accordance with company policy
- Attend service meetings as required by the company and or line manager
- Participate in after hour’s roster of the service dept.
- Conduct maintenance, repair and installation work utilising technical skillsets, set procedures and standards as determined by the Company.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are delivered in accordance with the Maintenance Schedule, and unplanned maintenance needs that are coordinated through the Supervisor to ensure that all work is completed appropriately and on time.
- Ensure that all system faults and breakdowns are rectified in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that all designated installation works are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and program
- Conduct all work in accordance with Seda standards and Company Policy.
- Complete all Service Administration needs including Job Reports and Service Reports, Purchase Orders and associated Job Safety Analysis procedures and documentation to ensure minimum time for return of paperwork to administration, and reports to clients.
- Conduct site surveys and reports as requested, and document findings in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify sales leads and promptly report on findings to respective sales representatives
- Liaise with customers and provide customer relations in accordance with Company Policy and procedures to minimise customer complaints and site work and documentation corrections
- Maintain appropriate compliance with Company Policy and procedures for all Occupation Health and Safety, and seek advice from the supervisor on any safety uncertainties before commencing any task
- Ensure that safe work processes are implemented and maintained by all service/project related staff, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers at all times, for a zero harm outcome
- Other duties as reasonably requested
- Ensure safety compliance and that all works are carried out as per Company policy and procedure, Work Place Health & Safety guidelines and statutory regulations during daily tasks
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, company policy and procedures and all statutory policies & procedures during daily tasks
- Ensure site Hazards are reviewed and actioned and reportedly appropriately
- Attend company Toolbox talks as required and raise safety issues on site
- Ensure the safety of others to the best of your ability when carrying out your daily tasks.
- Seda services uniform policy will consist Seda services approved long sleeve shirts, long work wear pants, steel cap safety shoes and client site specific required PPE if applicable. Seda approved uniform is to be adopted at all times and will be supplied and renewed by Seda Services.
- Ensure all online safety modules are complete and updated when required
- Ensure resource hours on contracts are not exceeded. (budget vs. actual)
- Whether it be preventative maintenance, quoted or reactive works
- Ensure correct allocating of all costs to jobs (materials, subcontractors) through accurate PO information & management
- Ensure the maintaining of your individual planned maintenance to schedule, through open job management, and reviewing with service supervisor or senior management as required
- Ensuring the completion of all Responsive Services in a timely manner and all calls are closed out promptly through regular job management
- Ensure that maximum productivity targets are achieved through the costing of labour to be booked to accordingly to the allocated works
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant trade plus substantial chargeable experience
- Technical knowledge in an HVAC or Energy Solutions environment
- Driver’s Licence
- MS Office experience – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Field hardware i.e. Phone, Tablet
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Sponsorship available for the right candidates
- Full IT package
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: