CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Setting Out Engineer – Galway
Position: Full Time
Salary: €55,000-€60,000 DOE
Our client, a construction contractor, is seeking to add a Setting Out Engineer to their team in Galway. The ideal candidate will be proficient on CAD and comfortable using setting out instruments with previous experience. The role is permanent and would suit any engineer interested in developing their career.
Role and responsibilities
- The engineer must be comfortable using setting out equipment.
- A degree in a construction or civil engineering related subject is essential.
- Monitor work in accordance with specification & regulations.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying onsite using GPS total station and auto level.
- Topographic surveys using GPS & robotic total station.
- Supervision of site works in line with health & safety policy.
- Maintain records of labour, plant and site activities.
Skills and requirements
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline is essential.
- Prior experience as setting out engineer.
- Excellent programming and reporting skills.
- Management of the safety, program, temp works, quality and budget on the site.
- Computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong leadership and managerial ability.
Permanent, full time
Not quite what you’re looking for?
See more Construction Jobs here