CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Site Engineer – Melbourne
Salary: $105,000 - $130,000
Position: Full Time
Work on Victroia’s largest road project! We are looking for a Site Engineer to join an established team on the North East Link Project. You will be responsible to provide onsite engineering services and technical support to ensure short-term planning and programming of works is completed in conjunction with the site supervision staff
You will be working on the delivery of the Central Package of the North East Link Project – Victoria’s biggest road project. Our client will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project. The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance of the works with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards and SPARK Risk Management process
- Conduct and administer overall job planning and programming including short range and intermediate activities for construction projects for approval by the Project Manager
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required by the Site Manager
- Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Demonstrate people management skills by being able to manage work and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to maintain environmental compliance and continuous improvement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction, Construction Management or equivalent
- Engineering experience
- Wide level of planning, development and review of projects
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite etc
- Written, verbal and presentation skills e.g. facilitating meetings, pre starts and tool box meetings and basic cost control skills
In terms of specific experience, we would love to hear from anyone with the following:
- SEM/Mined tunnel
- Bridges/Land bridges
- General Civil experience
- Salary: $105,000 – $130,000 plus superannuation
- Sponsorship for the right candidates.
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: