CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Position: Permanent | Full Time
About the Role
This position, reporting to the site Manager, is responsible for ensuring that trades at the construction site at which they operate work in a cooperative and professional manner to deliver the construction of the project consistent with the agreed quality, cost, and time parameters.
Major Areas Of Responsibility
- Continually holding themselves and all other site personnel accountable for safe outcomes.
- Making safety their highest priority and always ensure it comes first in all businessreviewsanddecisions.
- Living and working to the credo that every incident is preventable.
- Speaking up when any unsafe actions or conditions areobserved.
- Reporting all incidents, injuries and near misses.
- Reading all internal Health & Safety correspondence or alerts and take action where appropriate.
- Holding a valid Industry General Safety Induction as appropriate at eachsite • Ensuring all work is adequately planned well in advance of the actual work commencing.
- Ensuring regular attendance to daily prestart coordination meetings to ensure that trade contractors comply with the HSE Plan, Safe Work Method Statements(SMWS), andPermitsto Work.
- Undertaking HSE reviews (safety walk as required) with trade contractors to ensure compliance withtheirOH&S PlanandSWMS.
- Issuing of non-compliances and close out in a timely manner.
- Immediately suspending works, which present an imminent risk of serious injury, loss, damage or significant failure of company’s procedures and take the necessary action to prevent a recurrence.
- Assisting theHSECoordinator to ensure all registers, records and reports arein order including those related to plant and machinery.
- Assisting theHSE Coordinator to ensure the person/s operating plant or machinery have the pre-requisite training and certification.
- The delivery of theproject(s) to the agreed cost. Thisincludes:
- Assisting the SiteManager in managing on site construction activity and labor costs within established project budget.
- Approving variation on day works to proceed only with the approval of the Project Manager and Site Manager. Understand and implement limits of authority in regards to day labor on each project.
- Being proactive with familiarisation and implementation of contract scope and inclusions.
- The management and leadership of team members. This includes:
- Attending and contributing to peer group meetings.
- Managing and mentoring Labourers, including contributing to
- performance reviews and development plans.
- Contributing to a positive work experience for Labourers and apprentices.
- Completing all mandatory Company training.
- Ensuring the project complies with National Code of Practice and
- Implementation guidelines.
- Understanding and implementing the requirements of the Balmain & Co. Integrated Management system.
- The ability to promote a positive team environment
- The willingness to embrace key project initiatives and to lead by example • The ability to provide quality service to customers and subcontractors
- The development of a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to conduct business to the highest ethical standards, and in line with the Balmain & Co. Code of Conduct
- A strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of drive and ambition to produce exceptional results
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders in a positive and proactive manner
- Exhibit alignment with the Balmain & Co. values
Knowledge And Skills
- A strong ability to influence construction teams, sub-contractors and consultants towards the successful delivery of Balmain & Co. projectsin a safe and sustainable way.
- A proven track record of the implementation of construction best-practice and the ability to implement such best practice in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
- Two years construction experience in the multi-apartment construction industry including the successful involvement in at least three project construction cycles with commercial builders.