CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Site Project Engineer – Mechanical – FIFO - 5465
Location: New South Wales FIFO
Salary: $150,000 - $220,000 DOE
Position: Full Time
Love the FIFO life and earn top dollar. Over and above excellent base salaries, our client is offering 16.7% uplift, $30k Site allowance, $10k Bonus and 11% Super!
Join a mammouth and ongoing $13bn project in New South Wales. Our client is leading the charge in driving renewables forward in Australia. They are offering a FIFO roster from any of the main cities across Australia. They offer state-of-the-art camp and facilities to support the FIFO lifestyle, you will have all your recreational activities covered at camp.
The project is set to run until 2028.
Role and Responsibilities
Assisting with mechanical engineering aspects of the project including but not limited to design reviews, design calculations, drawings, specifications and supervision of the works. This role reports to the Lead Engineer, or as instructed.
- Maintain the highest standard of health and safety performance; implementing safety plans, exhibiting behaviors consistent with the client Values, leading by example with colleagues, team members; and acting as an engaged active client in accordance with SHL Health & Safety policies.
- Utlise flexible interpersonal style and appropriate leadership behaviours to build positive and cohesive internal and external work relationships.
- Build and sustain collaboration with all project stakeholders to constructively resolve conflict and maintain effective working relationships. Mechanical Engineering aspects of the project (reporting to the Lead Engineer)
- Be cognisant of the ER, and the general interests of the project. See that these requirements are fulfilled in the project.
- Conduct Design Reviews of the Contractor’s design submissions and provide input to the lead engineer for the final review of the design package. Design review is expected to be conducted to meet compliance of Employers Requirements and relevant codes and standards.
- Liaises with the Contractor and other consultants under the overall direction of the Lead Engineer and Engineering Manager
- Interface with other disciplines to ensure the designs are well integrated and function efficiently.
- Ensure the technical quality aspects of the project are met without unduly compromising the project schedule and cost.
- Other aspects of engineering for project Manufacturing and Site installation (reporting to the Construction manager and Lead Engineer)
- Assist in the manufacturing issues as they arrive, under the direction of Lead engineers and in cooperation with the quality department
- Short assignments (3 months) to manufacturing locations
- Supervision at site and assisting in site installation issues
- Develop and resolve Snag lists with the Contractor Commissioning (reporting Commissioning manager and Lead Engineer)
- Ensure systems are constructed to the design and are safe to enter the commissioning stage.
- Participate in the coordination of the commissioning program. Ensure commissioning sequence is carried out in a logical and safe manner.
- Participate and witness key commissioning activities in close cooperation with the Contractor.
- Facilitate the handover of the plant from the Contractor.
- Lead Engineer – receive day to day direction and advice to assist with meeting the Engineering team’s strategy
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in civil construction, utilities or related industry
- Extensive knowledge of power generation, transmission and distribution; procurement, construction and commissioning activities
- Proactive, goal oriented with attention to detail
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions and assist in solution findings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Alignment to clients corporate values
- Full time position
- Salary $150-220 DOE
- Excellent base salaries on offer with 16.7% uplift, $30k Site allowance, $10k Bonus and 11% Super!
- Sponsorship available
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Conor Shanagher with your CV at [email protected].
Why apply through NexVentur
NexVentur is a recruitment and relocation agency operating in Australia and Ireland. We have the contacts and contracts with significant clients in both countries to place staff in both countries, specializing in Construction, Healthcare, Education, Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Admin and Hospitality.
- We offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- If you’re looking to relocate, we can assist with:
Flights with discounts and perks ideal for long-haul journeys
Professional registration, tickets and licenses
Banking, forex and tax
Household removals, vehicle export, pet relocation
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: