CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Site Supervisor – Civils – Melbourne
Salary: Competitive DOE
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is urgently looking to recruit a Site Supervisor with experience delivering civil or rail projects. Our client is a leading civil construction company working across Victorian Metropolitan and Regional Projects. With more than 30 years’ experience, they have earned a stellar reputation in the chain trenching, directional drilling, non-destructive excavation and earthmoving industry. Success is driven by a focus on quality, safety and consistently delivering projects on time and to budget.
The company prides itself on continuous evolution, powered by a significant and ongoing investment in leading-edge technology, purpose-built machinery, and a commitment to developing employees.
Role and Responsibilities
The company is experiencing significant growth and to ensure it remains at the forefront of the industry, this new role has been added. The successful applicant will work closely with the Operations Manager and alongside the site-based construction crew.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day site operations, co-ordinating project activities and assisting in the delivery of team goals and targets across a range of projects.
Hours of work will generally be 7.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, but occasionally require work outside of these hours. You will be required to travel regionally in Victoria.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide site supervision of plant, materials, labour, and subcontractors
- Efficiently plan, delegate, coordinate and deal with the day to day running of the site
- Provide feedback and information to the leadership team
- Documenting / reviewing / maintaining paperwork including Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), licenses, and tickets
- Enforcing and demonstrating safe work practices in all site-related works
- Ensuring that personnel is adequately trained and supported
- Liaise with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We are looking to speak to experienced Site Supervisors with a background in delivering civil or rail projects. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic person with a ‘get up and go’ attitude who can proactively organise their work.
You will need:
- Construction White Card
- Victorian Open Drivers Licence & HR Truck Licence
- Rail Industry Worker (RIW) preferred, or willing to obtain
- Experience in a similar role in a Civil Construction environment
- Strong contractor management, leadership and supervision skills
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies and industry processes and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to build rapport
- Solid organisational, multitasking and time-management skills
- High level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where working as a team is essential
- Must be proactive and consistently demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
- Sponsorship is available for the right candidate
- Great company culture and opportunities for growth
- Competitive salary (negotiable based on experience)
- Christmas and New Year shut down
- Company car and phone provided for business use
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We can assist with professonal registration and licenses for Australia.
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: