CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Site Supervisor – multiple roles - 2822
Location: All Regions
Position: Full Time
NexVentur is recruiting on behalf of several large construction companies across Australia for Site Supervisors. We are looking for people with experience on large civil or building projects in Ireland or the UK. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that trades at the construction site work in a cooperative and professional manner to deliver the construction of the project consistent with the agreed quality, cost, and time parameters.
Role and Responsibilities
- Continually hold yourself and all other site personnel accountable for safe outcomes.
- Make safety your highest priority and always ensure it comes first in all business reviews and decisions.
- Live and work to the maxim that every incident is preventable.
- Speak up when any unsafe actions or conditions are observed.
- Report all incidents, injuries and near misses.
- Read all internal Health & Safety correspondence or alerts and take action where appropriate.
- Hold a valid Industry General Safety Induction as appropriate at each site
- Ensure all work is adequately planned well in advance of the actual work commencing.
- Ensure regular attendance to daily prestart coordination meetings to ensure that trade contractors comply with the HSE Plan, Safe Work Method Statements (SMWS), and Permits to Work.
- Undertake HSE reviews (safety walk as required) with trade contractors to ensure compliance with their OH&S Plan and SWMS.
- Issue non-compliances and close out in a timely manner.
- Immediately suspend works is they present an imminent risk of serious injury, loss, damage or significant failure of company’s procedures and take the necessary action to prevent a recurrence.
- Assist the HSE Coordinator to ensure all registers, records and reports are in order including those related to plant and machinery.
- Assist the HSE Coordinator to ensure the person/s operating plant or machinery have the pre-requisite training and certification.
- Assist the Site Manager in managing on site construction activity and labor costs within established project budget.
- Approve variation on day works to proceed only with the approval of the Project Manager and Site Manager. Understand and implement limits of authority in regards to day labor on each project.
- Be proactive with familiarisation and implementation of contract scope and inclusions.
- Attend and contribute to peer group meetings.
- Manage and mentor Labourers, including contributing to performance reviews and development plans.
- Contribute to a positive work experience for Labourers and apprentices.
- Complete all mandatory Company training.
- Ensure the project complies with National Code of Practice and Implementation guidelines.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to promote a positive team environment
- The willingness to embrace key project initiatives and to lead by example
- The ability to provide quality service to customers and subcontractors
- The development of a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to conduct business to the highest ethical standards,
- A strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of drive and ambition to produce exceptional results
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders in a positive and proactive manner
Knowledge And Skills
- A strong ability to influence construction teams, sub-contractors and consultants.
- A proven track record of the implementation of construction best-practice and the ability to implement such best practice in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
Education and experience
- Civil/Structural Engineering Degree (recognised by Engineers Australia or equivalent)
- Proven recent working experience in civil/building engineering
- Surveying/GPS/setting-out experience desired
- AutoCAD & Civil3D experience a benefit
- Experience managing variety of subcontractors simultaneously
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with sound problem-solving ability
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to identify risks and implement health and safety solutions
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time
- Quarry experience would be beneficial
- A team player, who can work autonomously and be trusted to deliver.
- Your Safety & Wellbeing are priority
- Great working culture
- Competitive remuneration plus super
- Company Jeep and fuel card along with tolls (DOE)
If interested or you would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan [email protected], or phone 087 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.