Speech Pathologist – Melbourne - 3670
Position: Full Time
Our client is a leading allied healthcare provider offering multidisciplinary services to cater for individual needs. Their services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, positive behavioural support and psychology. They are looking for a Speech Pathologist to join their vibrant team in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Senior Speech Pathologist, your role will be to provide evidence-based Speech Pathology interventions in a community setting, while delivering exceptional service to achieve customer satisfaction across the company’s portfolio.
- Maintain a functioning knowledge and understanding of the various funding streams such as NDIS, Home Care Packages and the SWEP.
- Develop and maintain a regular appointment cycle with clients.
- Problem-solve unique challenges experienced by clients.
- Liaise and maintain good communications with patients, particularly with respect to jointly setting goals in the development of treatment strategies and ensuring informed consent.
- Efficiently and effectively conduct comprehensive Speech Pathology assessments and interventions for a diverse range of clients.
- Provide services in a range of locations including community and telehealth settings.
- Deliver group therapy programs where appropriate.
- Develop home programs to complement and support direct therapy.
- Maintain skill and knowledge of current trends in treatment techniques, and evidence based, best practice principles.
- Work a cross-section of clinical job roles as required, being willing to assist in all services and at all sites.
- Provide consistent, quality, strong evidence-based assessments, and interventions.
- Provide client-focused Speech Pathology services across all domains of the individual’s life.
- Maintain high quality, comprehensive documentation including progress notes, and reports.
- Demonstrate sound clinical reasoning and an ability to complete work independently.
- Adhere to the company Quality, Referral Management and Customer Experience Framework.
- Demonstrate the company values in all business undertakings.
- Liaising and building rapport with key stakeholders such as: Home Care Providers, NDIS Providers and Agents etc.
- Liaise and maintain good communications with interdisciplinary teams involved in patient care.
- Participate in regular continuing education sessions – both within the business and externally.
- Seek assistance from other clinical staff when faced with difficult clinical decision-making.
- Contribute to quality improvement projects.
- Maintain registration as a Speech Therapist and full financial insurance membership.
- Recommend and effectively merchandise products/services to clients.
Requirements and KPIs
- Achieve or succeed individual Minimum Billable Activity Target each month whilst adhering to client fee schedules.
- Achieve average team Customer Satisfaction Score (NPS) of +30 each quarter.
- Achieve minimum 90% Quality and Service Delivery Standard Score each month.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Speech Pathology with current Speech Pathology Australia Membership.
- Minimum six months clinical experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- WWCC/police check/indemnity insurance.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in community/aged care/paediatric arenas.
- Knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Cliniko.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Sincere passion for helping a diverse range of clients.
- Ability to establish genuine rapport with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Unrestricted current driver’s license and own car
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package: $2,000 – $10,000
- Further education and training
- Career progression
- Work-life balance
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Carole with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 108 5537 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We can assist with professional registration for Australia.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here