CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Structural Engineers (Fabric Experience) – Brisbane
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000
Position: Full Time
We are seeking Structural Project Engineers with fabric experience to become a part of a talented team in Brisbane, Queensland. Our client is a leader in commercial shade solutions. They work on many types of buildings such as stadium roofing, modular shade structures, carpark shade covers, school COLAs, fabric facades and other types of commercial buildings.
They specialise in the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of lightweight tensile membrane structures using modern architectural fabrics; ETFE, PTFE, PVC & HDPE Shade Mesh, and finished with a signature high-level architectural style.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with a global footprint doing high-profile and challenging projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Schedule and allocate the design and projects for Engineers and Drafting team
- Develop projects from concept through to construction in conjunction with project teams
- Design foundations, structural steel, tensile membrane, cables and other items for tensile fabric structures.
- Ensure that the design components of projects meet specifications, codes of practice and best practice
- Ensure designs are developed in accordance with project brief, procedures and contract requirements
- Supervise project drawings created by the drafting team
- Construction engineering and temporary works design for installations
- Inspect project sites and construction progress to ensure installation compliance with design
- Assist sales and estimating with project takeoffs and concept generation
- Prepare project plans and managing project design and materials budgets throughout design phase
- Develop ITP’s and QA requirements for manufacturing items and ensuring project compliance of subcontractors
- Follow the IMS procedures and QA processes for projects
- Participate in research and development of new products/ and or applications and manage in accordance with the company standards and policy
- Ensure accuracy of documentation at all stages of project
- Report any non-conforming issues (Quality, Safety, Environment)
- Report any design changes required arising from manufacturers, project team and installers and evaluate, implement solutions and liaise with project managers for variations
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders effectively, providing constructive consultation and opinion on product and project development
- Participate in design review meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Structural Engineering Degree or similar
- Fabric Experience is essential
- Excellent base salary: $120,000 – $140,000 p/a + Super
- Sponsorship available to the right candidate
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: