CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Structural Steel Project Manager – Mayo - 5122
Location: Co. Mayo
Position: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Structural Steel Project Manager with an Engineering background.
Our client is an established and growing steel fabrication and mechanical company based in Co. Mayo.
Role and responsibilities
As an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing multiple medium sized bespoke projects through to full scale build projects concurrently
- The ability to produce hand calculations and apply logical engineering judgement is also necessary along with an aptitude for solving problems
- Document all supporting project documents
- Manage and supervise site foremen, engineers, workshop team and commercial teams
- AutoCAD skills and a general familiarity with 3D modelling software such as Tekla Structures/ Advanced Steel or equivalent would also be preferential
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Ensuring that the General Manager and admin are kept up to date with site progress and commercial issues
- Assess, review, and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract
- Assist QS in the preparation of project final accounts
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed, and problems are investigated and resolved
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Preferred degree in Quantity Surveying, or Structural Engineering
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection
- Previous Contracts Management experience preferably for a steelwork fabricator and erector
- Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
- The ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality, and budgetary constraints
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
- A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
- Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, contact [email protected], or apply through our link with your CV attached.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: