CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Telecommunication Project Engineer – Melbourne - 3795
Salary: Competitive DOE
Position: Full Time
Our client is a leading provider of Infrastructure Services to clients in the Rail, Utility and Telecommunication industry. They provide a range of services including project management, design, and construction. They are seeking an experienced Telecommunication Project Engineer to join their team based in Dingley Village, Melbourne. Reporting directly to the Projects Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of a range of Telecommunications projects.
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing company and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. You have the opportunity to join a well-managed and competent team of professionals within a company that is focused on creating a great team that delivers exceptional outcomes for all the stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish regular reports on technical, systems and productivity performances for the Project Manager;
- Engage in inspection and verification activities required by the Inspection and Test plans;
- Ensure completion of Quality Control Checklists;
- Participate in team meetings;
- Assists in managing communication between subcontractors and project team;
- Prepares Project progress reporting – e.g. prepares monthly reports against plan, identifying variations and corrective action if required;
- Prepares work packs eg relevant project plans, project procedures, project instructions etc as directed by the Project Manager;
- Coordinates and controls engineering and technical activities on the project as directed by the Project Manager;
- Orders materials in accordance with scope and programme requirements;
- Prepares construction programme, monitor progress, manning levels and cash flows
- Ensures all day work sheets are filled out and signed by the client;
- Manage site construction and technology integration on time and on budget
- Regular client reporting, meetings, and building relationships/trust to exceed customer expectations
- Complete budget and BOQ based on site photos, FC and other design document
- Arranging and ordering steelwork and NON-FIM material based on design document
- Strong commitment to safety process and cultivating a positive safety culture
- Close the job with customer by getting document acceptance and payment after job completion
- End-to-end site delivery and finance management with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing field teams and subcontractors
- Liaise with 3rd party services, crane, EWP, roof plumbers and traffic controllers
- Ensures all variations are documented and agreed upon before carrying them out.
- Provide engineering, technical and contract support to construction staff
- Issues and maintains work packs to site supervisors with sufficient detail.
- Contributes to the successful and on time delivery of projects within budget and quality standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet required deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Project Management role with proven delivery experience – Telecommunications projects
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- A recognised project management qualification and PMP or similar will be desirable
- Experience conducting” investigations and making recommendations
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident or have an appropriate Australian work visa or work entitlement.
- Applicants should include details of all relevant qualifications/experience and competencies in their application to be considered for this role.
- If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please “Apply” now with your current resume.
- Competitive Salary + Super
- Sponsorship available to the right candidate
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Alan Daly with your CV at [email protected], or phone +353 (0)87 120 9681 or apply through our link.
Why apply through NexVentur
- We will offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- We can assist with Visas, Flights, Insurance, Tax Advice, Bank & Forex and many more.
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Broswe all our vacant roles here