CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Position: Full time
Become part of a professional and busy team. The role of the Truck Driver is to provide transport for equipment deliveries and pick ups. Our client operates Australia’s largest privately-owned fleet of access equipment. The company’s core business facilitates the hiring, selling, servicing, and transporting of elevated work platforms including scissors, boom lifts, telehandlers and forklifts to the construction, material handling and mining sectors. The company is centred around our company values – People, Safety, Respect, Communication and Continuous Improvement.
Job duties and functions
- General driving duties
- Ensure all loads carried safely in accordance with AH Golden Rules of Transport, all regulatory and manufacturer’s requirements
- Minimise down time of trucks
- Maintain allocated truck with regular servicing on time in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle at all times both internally and externally
- Report any damage and follow up repairs of allocated trucks and trailers
- Report any incidents that you are involved in or witness on the road and relevant authorities
- Maintain a working knowledge of current road regulations and road authority requirements.
- Maintain personal appearance
- Be courteous on the road to public
- Assist Hire Controller’s and Manager where required
Key objectives and responsibilities
- Efficient and effective delivery and transportation of access equipment from Sydney depot to and from client sites in a manner compliant with AH Golden Rule of Transport, established safe work practices and performance expectation.
- Correct load restraints are applied to each type of plant for transportation.
- Driving behaviour is consistent with company expectations and road legislation.
- Observe and comply with traffic management rules, road authority requirements, restrictions and speed limits.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is transported in a safe manner, that correct load restraints are applied, AH safe work procedures are adhered too.
- To work in a safe and professional manner in compliance with company OH&S policy and procedures.
Experience and qualifications
- Heavy Rigid Driver’s License
- Heavy Combination Driver’s License
- White Card
- Yellow Card
- High Risk - Elevated Work Platform, Forklift
- Competence: Multi load driver
- Experience: Minimum 3 years in similar role/s
- Starting rate of pay: 8T - $28.00 per hour
- Starting rate of pay: 12T - $30.00 per hour