CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING
Underground Surveillance Officer – FIFO - 5473
Location: New South Wales FIFO
Salary: $137,500 DOE
Position: Full Time
Join an ongoing $13bn project in New South Wales set to run until 2028. Our client is leading the charge in driving renewables forward in Australia. Love the FIFO life and earn top dollar. Over and above excellent base salaries, our client is offering 16.7% uplift, $30k Site allowance, $10k Bonus and 11% Super!They are offering a FIFO roster from any of the main cities across Australia. They offer state-of-the-art camp and facilities to support the FIFO lifestyle, you will have all your recreational activities covered at camp.
Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing an underground surveillance and assurance function to ensure underground works being undertaken by the appointed Principal Contractor are in line with agreed deliverables and performance standards for the Civil works.
These roles are based at either Lobs Hole or Tantangara sites and are engaged on a drive-in drive out basis. The key purpose of this role is to proactively work to ensure that the ER are delivered in accordance with the Contract.
Maintain the highest standard of health and safety performance; implementing safety plans, exhibiting behaviors consistent with the clients Values, leading by example with colleagues, team members; and acting in accordance with SHL Health & Safety policies.
Contractor Oversight & Monitoring
- Ensure the Employer’s Requirements are being met at all times, and the Contractor is complying with the Employer’s Design and Construction Requirements, working proactively to prevent short-, medium- and long-term legacy issues which could compromise the clients asset performing the way it is designed to.Maintain communication with direct Manager (Geotechnical Manager – Lobs Hole) on the status of issues observed and requiring mitigation in the field, so that the appropriate solutions are implemented in a timely fashion. That is, a primary function of this role is not just to attend site and record progress, it is to actively and relentlessly work with all site parties to achieve the highest standard of permanent and temporary works, and minimise future legacy issues associated with quality and safety and functionality of the same.
- Daily inspections and records of all the work fronts, conduct daily decisions that may be required by the employer, the contractor and any 3rd party to ensure construction productivity is maintained safely, to specification and in compliance with the EIS guidelines.
- Comply with Corporate Governance procedures.
- Coordinate with the Safety and Environmental Assurance Officers to ensure the project is complying strictly with the day to day deliverables such as tool box sessions, work method developments and implementation for the Civil works.
- Daily inspections and reports of all active work fronts including detailed plant, labour and equipment records associated with dayworks or variations.
- Regular inspection of all non-active work fronts.
- Ensure the works are being carried out in accordance with the latest IFC drawings and specifications
- Work closely with the Owner’s Team Quality Engineers and attend site inspections for the release of Witness and Hold Points identified in the Contractor’s ITP’s.
- Project Specifications which are required to be released on site.
- Keep daily records and photographs of all work conducted on site and store on the ACONEX platform.Provide daily and weekly reports to the Project Manager as required in relation to all activities & issues occurring on the project.
- Perform on-site Quality Management on civil engineering and construction work on behalf of the Owners team in oversight of contractor activities, ensuring that the built product meets contractual requirements and construction works are conducted in a way that meets project objectives.
- Ensure that all necessary quality documentation is being produced and recorded by the Contractor.
- Ensure the works are being carried out in accordance with the latest IFC drawings, specifications and other relevant project construction documents.
- Monitor & prepare the daily reports on all works in progress at the site and report to the Project Manager, not limited to daily plant and equipment (dry and wet), key KPI indicators, resources onsite, weather, access & road conditions.
- Review Contractor´s Lot records as required by the Quality Manager.
- Ensure daily physical attendance on site at all active work fronts, across all areas of responsibility and ensure accurate electronic contemporaneous records are stored, including site photos.
- Ensure all communications to the Contractor and within the Owner’s Team regarding QA and non conformance are managed via ACONEX.
- Direct Manager (Geotechnical Manager Lobs Hole or Senior Project Engineer – Tantangara): Constant 2-way communication. Receive day to day direction and advice to assist in meeting project objectives
- Project Quality Engineers
- Contractor’s staff, workforce and especially Site Superintendents, Foremen and Leading Hands as required
- Site Assurance Officers for Environment, Safety & Tunnelling disciplines
- Cooma based SHL staff as required
Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years experience in similar roles in the infrastructure construction or related industries.
- Construction trade/supervision background, combined with relevant training & experience
- Highly developed influencing & negotiation skills
- Proactive and timely decision making, problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to effectively manage change to work tasks and the work environment, and assist others with adapting to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- The ability to work responsibly and effectively both at site and remote from site.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively as part of a team and autonomously with responsibility and initiative.
- Full time position
- Excellent uplift, site allowance, bonus and super
- Sponsorship available
If you are interested or would like to hear more information on this role, email Conor Shanagher with your CV at [email protected].
Why apply through NexVentur
NexVentur is a recruitment and relocation agency operating in Australia and Ireland. We have the contacts and contracts with significant clients in both countries to place staff in both countries, specializing in Construction, Healthcare, Education, Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Admin and Hospitality.
- We offer you an exceptional career & relocation service for Ireland, Australia and the UK.
- If you’re looking to relocate, we can assist with:
Flights with discounts and perks ideal for long-haul journeys
Professional registration, tickets and licenses
Banking, forex and tax
Household removals, vehicle export, pet relocation
- We make life moves easy by creating life moving solutions.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Browse all our vacant roles here
Follow us on social media for more updates: